Challenge 30 - Ask your friends for their best simplifying tips
Here's what I came up with for starters...
1. All things in moderation - One of the easiest ways to become overwhelmed is to allow too much.
- Too much dessert makes the kids bounce off the walls and me gain weight
- Say no to the entire collection - Whether it's kids toys, movies, fishing gear, or kitchen items, take just the one or two that you really love and will use and walk away from the rest.
- Too many outside commitments for any one of us makes for a grumpy stressed out mom.
2. Don't wait for the "perfect time" or it will never happen.
- Large blocks of time don't come around often. Better a few minutes here and there done decently than waiting for "perfect" to never come. Done is better than perfect in the long run.
- Keep a running list of things that need done, so you can quickly select something to work on when you have a few minutes.
- Prioritize your time - Family is more important than cleaning. There are seasons of life for everything. Enjoy each one as it comes.
- Stay on task - Do not stop putting silverware away to clean the drawer. Write it down and come back to it or neither task will get done.