Friday, April 1, 2011

Day #17 of 30 Days to a Simpler Life

It's day 17 of 30 Days to a Simpler Life. Challenge 17 - Organize your computer stuff (think manuals, CDs, etc.) I didn't really need to do a lot of organizing here. I went through all of the manuals last year when our old computer crashed and the new computer was bought. A lot of my older software didn't work with Windows 7 and was given away. I haven't had the funds to really buy a lot of additional software, so the drawer still looks nice and neat. So I decided to do a spin off of the idea and organize my email account. When I started, there were over 500 emails in the account. When I finished, their were less than 200. My last step is to create 4 folders in the account and sort the remaining emails: 1. Accounts - This is for all of the emails and passwords for internet sites that I have signed up for like Upromise, my grocery store, blogger, etc. 2. Kids - These are bits of information to share with the kids when they are older like the meaning of a flag draped coffin, the privilege of freedom, some space stuff, etc. 3. Uplifting - For some of my favorite forwarded emails from my mom that I deem worth reading more than once 4. Pictures - For all of those pictures sent from my family usually of my niece and nephew. I also have folders for recipes and orders (emails relating to internet transactions). I made the folders, but I haven't had time to sort emails out of my inbox, so I'll try to just do a few each day as I get a chance.

1 comment:

  1. My email box is overflowing too. One more thing I need to add to my list :-)

    ReplyDelete