I didn't get in a full hour on this project, but I made a ton of progress. School items were returned to their spots. A small pile of papers went to the burn box while a much larger pile went in the recycle bin. I haven't completely finished clearing it off, but I am now able to push the keyboard back and have a surface to write on again. I'll post pictures this weekend after I finish working on it.
The desk drawers are actually in really good shape. I just straightened them the other week when we worked on drawers. I do need to take my to be filed folders downstairs to the filing cabinet still. Hopefully this weekend.