Monday, March 28, 2011

Day #13 - 30 Days to a SImpler Life

It's day 13 of 30 Days to a Simpler Life. Challenge 13 - Edit your projects. The details -" Today, examine all of the projects you have not completed. To locate them, look into files, inside drawers, in closets, and under the bed. As they surface, make a list of things you promised yourself, or others, to do. Divide the list into Big Projects and Small Projects. See how many you can come up with in 30 minutes. Then ask yourself, "Which projects can be jettisoned? Which are a burden? Which ones are totally unrealistic? Which ones am I willing to start today? Finally, drop one project from your life and box up all its paraphernalia. You know what we are talking about --- paint sets, knitting needles, unread magazines, and plans for building a dome-shaped doghouse. Finally, place the supplies to be recycled in the trunk of your car. (30 Days to a Simpler Life, p. 81)" Here is my list of current projects: 1. Cross-stitch Christmas stocking for youngest - I have put way to much time into this already to give up now. I will finish it this year. 2. Crochet blanket for DD2 - I've worked on this one on and off for like 4 maybe 5 years now. I have all of the squares done. They just need to be put together. I'm really hoping to be able to give this one as a Christmas present this year. 3. Photos - I have so many photos that I need to do something with. I want to scrapbook, but so far have only purchased one pack of paper. I'm watching for albums and page protectors to go on sale, but otherwise this one's staying on the back burner until I've finished the two previous ones. Here is a list of things I've promised to do: 1. Hem up a pair of pants for DH - These are already pinned. It's just a matter of pulling out the sewing machine one day and finishing. 2. Copy standardized tests and mail in. - Must do. 3. Start packing up winter clothes and pulling out spring ones. I hate rotating clothes, but it's really one of those unavoidable biannual projects. My plan is to start as soon as 1 and 2 are finished. 4. Continue working on simplifying. Ongoing at a pace of a little bit each day. 5. Searching for used fall curriculum - Ongoing at a pace of a little bit each day. 6. 52 books in 52 weeks - Ongoing in spurts. I'm a little behind, but still hanging in there. There's my list of projects and promises. My goal is to have 1 and 2 of the second list done before the end of the month, so I can focus on the rest. I don't really have any to jettison, but I have promised myself not to add anything else until some of these are finished.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always glad when I see your post to the WTM forum that your blog is updated. Thanks for doing this with me :-)

    ReplyDelete