Thursday, March 17, 2011

I did it!!!

I've been trying to figure out a time to exercise for a few weeks now, and it just hasn't been happening. If I do it early morning, the TV light wakes up Henry. The morning's filled with schooling and by afternoon there's housework and dinner. It was such beautiful weather yesterday that I REALLY wanted to go for a walk so...

when DH walked in the door I had just put the kid's plates on the table. I grabbed my shoes and favorite music, gave him a kiss, and headed out the door. Needless to say he was caught off guard but was a very good sport about it. He even had the kids do some picking up while I was out.

I walked mostly with a few intermittent stretches of jogging for about 3.5 miles (it's been awhile since I actually measured that route) and got back home in about 50 minutes or so.

For I long term solution, I think maybe I just need to be more flexible. One evening, one day on the weekends, and one afternoon when DH is off (he works 4 days) would give me 3 days a week to get out and walk. Surely I can squeeze in a short workout at least one other day a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment