Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day #11 - 30 Days to a Simpler Life

It's day 11 of 30 Days to a Simpler Life

Challenge 11 - Create a minimalist environment in one room

Alright I'm gonna cheat a little bit on this one and pick the dining room. It has one table, six chairs, a small flower arrangement, the chandelier, one large picture, and 2 small pictures. No clutter. No surfaces to clean. I know the challenge says to take down the pictures, but they're staying. We just put the large one up a few months ago, and I would much rather someone walk in and notice a picture than walk in and see a bare wall all smudged up from the kids that really needs painted in the next month or two.

Instead I decided to clean the dining room. I moved the table into the kitchen; cleaned all the carpet stains with Resolve; shampooed the carpet; wiped some of the smudges off the wall; cleaned the windows, light switches, and back door; vacuumed the dead ladybugs from the chandelier; and wiped it down. I also shampooed my bedroom and a small part of the living room. I think I might put a movie on for the kids and take a nap. Cleaning takes a lot more energy than simplifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment