Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day #5 - 30 Days to a Simpler Life

It's day 5 of the 30 Days to a Simpler Life challenge



Challenge 5: Organize Your Closet



My first thought. Ugh! Anything but the closet.



Then I realized that all I had to focus on according to the challenge was the clothes. OK I can do that. Actually it's not that hard for me because I'm not a big clothes person so there are actually fewer clothes on my side of the closet than DH's.



I pulled out a skirt, a neon green shirt, a long sleeve teddy bear t-shirt, a short sleeve shirt, and a sweatshirt. The last two were showing some wear. The first three were all bought by my Mom who has different tastes than I do in clothes. I think the long sleeve shirt was the only one of those 3 that I ever wore. I also found a pair of shoes to pull out. I have plenty of hangers, and I don't feel the need to replace them just so that all of the hangers match. So after the inital groan, I finished in under 5 minutes; and I've started another small bag for Goodwill.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! Wow---neon green skirt, eh? How long has that one been in the closet? We should do a contest for the oldest item donated. I had the 14 year old sorority sweatshirt. I can't give up the prom dress yet. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete