Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 10 - 30 Days to a Simpler Life

It's day 10 of 30 Days to a Simpler Life.

Challenge 10 -Knickknack elimination challenge

The challenge is to find and eliminate 10 knickknacks.

This is definitely not my best challenge. Knickknacks in my house can only be displayed in high out of the reach places. I have one shelf of Precious Moments on the living room wall and a few dolphins on the television cabinet. I don't want to get rid of any of these, so I went digging through the kitchen cabinet over the refrigerator to see what I could find. I only found one knickknack for immediate removal, which I put in my Goodwill bag. (Apparently I had already purged some of the other items that I thought might still be up there.) There are some Precious Moments figurines in the cabinet that I jotted down a note to sell over the summer on EBay. Downstairs I spied a small box from my grandmother's house, but it had something like 40 canning jars in front of it, so I decided it could wait until summer as well. So I spent the day shampooing the carpets in the older kid's bedrooms and the hallway and cleaning up in the office/toddler bedroom. There I did much better. I found a small shoebox sized pile of trash, a much larger pile of recycle, and several toys that I moved down to the consignment sale box.

No comments:

Post a Comment