Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day #22 - 30 Days to a Simpler Life

It's day 22 of 30 Days to a Simpler Life. Challenge 22 - Keep Track of Your Valuables The idea is to keep a binder with the information with a photo, the receipt, and any appraisals. We don't honestly have any art, jewelry, silverware, etc. Certainly nothing that requires an appraisal (except the house itself). I do need to make a video for the house insurance, but I didn't really have time to work on it over the weekend. I opted to work on clothing instead. This weekend, I unpacked spring and summer clothes for my 10yo and 2yo and washed it. My 12 yo and I pulled out almost all of her winter clothes, sorted them into pile to pack away for DD2 or sell in the next consignment sale. The child had 6 pairs of winter pajamas in her drawer, and I found 2 more in the clean laundry!! I think the reason she ended up with so many is that half of them were size 10/12 and the rest were 12. I probably just told my mom that she needed size 12 and forgot to tell her that the pjs all still fit. (She does a lot of consignment shopping for me.) Then I went downstairs and found the size 10-12 boxes in disarray. I dumped out the spring/summer box and sorted into piles of size 10, size 10-12, and size 12. I eliminated some extra shorts, shirts, and pjs and repacked that box. I came back upstairs and went through the summer dresses in the closet, pulled out the 10s to add to the box, packed them away, and sealed the box. (Some of the 12s she can still wear for now.) I dumped out and sorted the fall/winter box as well, but I need to collect the rest of the clothes for the clean laundry before I can purge some items from there. Hopefully, I'll get to them on Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment